Benefits of Membership
Membership is available upon application, Membership fee includes:
- Free access to our vast collection of books, microfiche, microfilm and CD collections.
- Free use of computers and microfiche readers
- Free use of our subscription databases
- Free research - up to four hours per year for members resident beyond Batchelor in the Northern Territory
- Free GSNT email newsletters – informative information on websites, indexes, books and events.
- Free copy of our quarterly journal Progenitor, which contains research stories, information on websites and what they offer, various contacts for genealogical information
- Member rates available for seminars and workshops managed by GSNT
- Free publication of research interest, both in our Journal, and our online Members Interests' Directory
- Reciprocal visiting rights to the collections of family history societies – see Reciprocal Arrangements
- Loan of exchange Journals from other major Societies
- GSNT is an Affiliate FamilySearch Centre of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, films and microfiche can be ordered on line to be viewed in our Library.
The knowledgeable and friendly library assistants at the Genealogical Society of the Northern Territory Inc. are available to help you with your research and use of our library equipment. Photocopiers are available for your convenience at reasonable rates.
Non-members paying a daily research fee of $20.00, may decide to join the Society within the next 7 days, in this case the Society will waiver the $10.00 joining fee.